What we do
With more than 40 community based centres, national services, and links with partner organisations, we deliver programmes to help as many children and their families as we can.
Our work is child-focused. We respond to the individual needs of each child and family, and aim to provide practical and professional supports to bring hope into situations where hope is sometimes lost.
Barnardos offers a variety of specialised services to provide further support to children, parents and families, ranging from literacy support to assistance during difficult times such as coping with the death of a loved one to representing children in court.
Barnardos Advocacy works to protect the rights of children in Ireland by campaigning and lobbying to influence Government and decision makers.
- Advocacy in Barnardos
- What Can I Do?
- Budget 2013: Barnardos' Children's Budget
- Scandinavian Childcare in Ireland: Making it Happen
- What About Me? Prioritising Children in Family Breakdown Proceedings
- Children's Referendum: 10 Nov 2012
- Full Graphic
- Children's Referendum: Videos
- Children's Referendum: Wording
- Children's Referendum: Summary of Wording
- School Costs Survey 2012: Results
- Barnardos Conference 2012
- Children’s Rights
- Child Poverty
- Educational Disadvantage
- Separated Children
- Child Welfare and Protection
- Child Abuse
- Other policy areas
Barnardos offers public and tailored courses in a variety of areas to childcare practitioners, parents, carers and all people working with children.