Barnardos is the people who work in it. We have more than 350 employees working in 40 centres across Ireland delivering essential services to vulnerable children and families. We work with vulnerable children and families experiencing in many cases multiple disadvantage and we employ qualified and skilled staff who can work in very sensitive situations. The majority of our employees, more than 90%, are working directly with children and families. The other 10% are involved in providing support services such as HR, IT, Finance, Fundraising, etc, which are crucial to the effective running of Barnardos.
No-one in Barnardos is paid a top-up payment. Our Board volunteer their time and expertise for free.
- More information about our funding and governance is available here on our website.
- Find out more about working for Barnardos, and view our current job opportunities.
We are supported by more than 300 volunteers, without whom we could not do what we do. Our volunteers are a tremendous support to us.
Barnardos volunteers play a key part in the delivery of our services. In addition, they raise funds; provide office support, training and a variety of professional expertise at all levels in the organisation to help us achieve better outcomes for children. Without their dedication and generosity, we could not do the work we do.
- See our current volunteering opportunities.
All Barnardos employees, and all volunteers working with children, are Garda vetted and undergo child protection training.