Ways to Get Involved
Are you looking for a way to motivate your team and support Barnardos at the same time?
Whether it’s a once off event or a full calendar of staff engagement activities we can support your team to get involved, have fun and make a real and lasting difference in the life of a child. We are happy to work with you on bespoke activities to suit your team or why not join one of our many campaigns throughout the year.
- Go Green for Barnardos
- Host a De-Clutter Day to support Barnardo Shops
- Be Brave by taking on an individual or team challenge
- Take part in our National Collection Day as a volunteer or team leader or why not host an event in your offices to mark the occasion and support our day of action
- Consider hosting a staff family day and incorporate your own Big Toddle for Barnardos
Make a corporate donation
It is only through the support of socially responsible companies and their employees that Barnardos can hope to continue its vital work in local communities. Your organisation can assist our efforts now with a financial donation and receive Tax Relief on their support. Your company can claim a deduction for any monetary donation similar to a trading expense.
To qualify for the tax relief a donation must satisfy a number of conditions:
- It must be in the form of money.
- It must not be repayable.
- It must not confer any benefit on the donor or any person connected with the donor.
- It must not be conditional on, or associated with, any arrangement involving the acquisition of property by the charity or approved body.
Payroll Giving encourages members of staff to give regularly through their salary. It's simple - voluntary donations are deducted from staff members' pay cheque by the company’s payroll department, the amount donated being at the discretion of each participating employee. The company then forwards the proceeds to Barnardos each month. Donations of €250 or over a year (that's €21 a month or €4.85 a week) are eligible for tax relief under the 2001 Finance Act.
Barnardos is partnered with Payroll Giving in Action – an experienced payroll giving agency with expertise in this area, to help your company develop its own Payroll Giving programme.
Sweets for Life
Our partners, Sweets for Life, can provide you with a box of Barnardos sweets to sell at your reception desk or counter top. To request a box for your company, please email your details to email@example.com and a Sweets for Life representative will deliver them to your office. This initiative has raised almost €500,000 for Barnardos to date.
Donate products and services
Can your business provide stock for our Barnardos shops located nationwide? Click here to find out more about this service and feel free to contact us for more information on what items we can accept.