Volunteer Van Helper - Dublin 15
733 Northwest Enterprise Centre, Ballycoolin, Dublin 15
Description of Service:
Barnardos has 7 shops throughout Ireland and one central warehouse based in Ballycoolin, Dublin 15. The aim of our network of shops is to sell donated stock (both brand new and preloved) to raise funds which will be used to provide support services to children and families nationwide who require it.
The volunteer van helper will assist the Barnardos Transport Supervisor, who works from our central warehouse, to drop off Barnardos clothing bags to households and collect the filled bags of donated stock at a later date. The van also, from time to time, collects and distribute stock between our 7 shops nationwide.
Outline of Volunteers Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To assist with the distribution of Barnardos clothing bags to households throughout the Leinster area
- To assist with the collection of the Barnardos clothing bags from households which contains goods being donated to Barnardos to be sold in our shops
- To assist, from time to time, with the delivery of retail merchandise to the Barnardos retail shops
- To ensure all merchandise arrives in sellable quality, correctly packaged
Any other reasonable duties that may be requested by the Transport Supervisor.
Training and Support Plan:
- On site training provided to include health and safety procedures, manual handling, stock preparation, general delivery duties
- Formal organisational training provided as necessary
- Supervised by and reports to the Barnardos Transport Supervisor
Monday to Friday – one full day per week
- To be of good health and strong for lifting bags of donations using correct manual handling techniques
- Ability to interact with the general public in a professional manner
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Flexibility and adaptability is required for this volunteer role
For more information or to register your interest please contact Suzanne Connolly, Barnardos Volunteer Service, tel: 01 7080431 / 086 8570112, email: firstname.lastname@example.org