Help & Advice from our Bridal Experts
The bride-to-be who visits Barnardos Bridal Rooms is treated to an individual consultation with one of our bridal experts who can offer help and advice. This bridal service is by appointment only to ensure that we can offer an exclusive bridal consultation service. You will have our undivided attention and free reign to try on whatever you choose.
To make an appointment at Barnardos Bridal Rooms please fill out the form below to request a call back
Would you like Barnardos Bridal Rooms to contact you about an appointment?
Barnardos Bridal Rooms – Dun Laoghaire, Dublin – The shop is located on Main Street in Dun Laoghaire.
Two public transport options include the 46A bus route from the city centre or the Dart to Dun Laoghaire station.
Barnardos Bridal Rooms – 11a Selskar Street, Wexford
If you have any further queries please call 01-8612070
Your safety and that of our staff is paramount so we have listed below how your appointment will look at feel when you come to see us. It is a little different and we know this isn’t ideally what you would have wanted in choosing your gown but we promise to still have the same great service and some fun on the day. So, take a look below so all is clear and then please go ahead and make an appointment to find your perfect gown!
Looking forward to seeing you!!
These requirements are necessary for us to comply with Government Health and Safety standards to prevent spread of Covid -19
- Shop Manager will meet you at the agreed time at our Bridal Room
- Only the Bride and 1 guest will be permitted to attend due to the Covid restrictions. The guest will be required at all times to sit behind a screen for the duration of the appointment. No Children will be permitted. In the event of more parties attending the appointment will be cancelled and entry will be refused.
- Only the shop Manager will be in attendance for your appointment
- One hour appointment slot must be adhered to
- Physical distancing of 2 metres between the bride and our Shop Manager must be adhered to during the appointment. However where the zipping up of a gown is required and it is necessary for the Manager has to help, obviously the 2 metres will not be maintained but we envisage that these are kept to a minimum and conducted as quickly as possible while wearing PPE.
- The Manager will request that you and your guest sanitize your hands upon arrival (hand gel / hand sanitiser will be provided).
- The Manager will also sanitise their hands immediately prior to your appointment using soap and hot water / hand gel / hand sanitiser.
- Facial coverings must be worn by all parties including your guest during the fitting and selection process.
- Undergarments must be worn during your fitting.
- Management cannot enter the fitting room with you.
- If necessary Managers will assist in fitting the gown in the safest way possible whilst both parties are wearing PPE (this is gloves and a facial covering)
- Toilet facilities cannot be used.
- Contactless payments are required.
Wedding Dress Shopping Tips
Barnardos Bridal Rooms Manager Bernadette Harrington has the following tips for brides to be shopping for their perfect dress:.
- It’s best to bring one person with you for the first outing. Too many people means too many opinions and this can result in a more stressful experience. Sometimes it’s a good idea to visit a store first on your own to figure out what you want and then come back with your mother or your maid of honour to get another opinion.
- Weekdays are quietest, and a great time to book your appointment.
- For the appointment, brides should wear the style of underwear they would choose to wear for their wedding day. Pay special attention to ensuring smooth lines: maybe wear a body shaper or a Basque. If you have a strapless gown in mind a Basque is ideal or a good quality strapless bra. Consider the heel height you plan to wear on the day and bring shoes of a similar height when dress shopping. It is useful too if the bride can have her hair up or down depending on what she has in mind for the day. No fake tan please as it ruins the gowns!
- Do not buy a gown that is too small in the hope of slimming down! Also do not buy a gown that is too big and try to alter it, it won’t work.
- Remember when buying a bridal gown you invariably need to go up at least one size: this is because they are very fitted, not because you have ballooned overnight!