Barnardos Support Group Meeting for Birthmothers
Barnardos Post Adoption Service will hold a support group meeting for birth mothers on October 2 in Dublin and will be open to all mothers whose children were adopted in the last 18 years.
The meeting will provide a safe, confidential setting where participants will feel able to share their feelings about the present and hopes for the future. It will also provide the opportunity to build and grow a support network with others who have been through similar experiences.
The meeting will focus on:
- Experience of being a birth mother in the 21st century
- Coping with the loss through the years
- Dealing with feelings and emotions of extended family
- Situation regarding Birth father and his family
- Handling contact with child and adoptive family
- Exchanging information
- Understanding the adopted child at various stages from childhood to teenage years
- Explaining to partner/ further children
Suitable for: Mothers whose children were adopted in the last 18 years
When: 7.30pm to 9.30pm, Monday 2ndOctober
Where: Central Hotel, Exchequer Street, Dublin 2
To book your place or for more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01 813 4111.