Library and Information Service
Tel: (01) 4549699
Our Library is a national service, providing comprehensive information on a range of child-related issues from child protection, child development, family support to bereavement, diversity, parenting, childcare and more.
In particular, the Library aims to meet the information needs of the City and County Childcare Committees and the childcare sector in general.
Whether you are a childcare professional, social-worker, student or parent, you will find Barnardos library an indispensable resource for your information needs.
Barnardos Library provides:
- A one-stop-shop for information on issues relating to children and families.
- Resources such as books, ebooks, reports, online journals and databases and official publication.
- Online library catalogue
- Memberships includes
- Borrow up to 4 items at any one time.
- Remote access to eBooks, Databases and Journals.
- Monthly eUpdate (latest Library resources and other relevant content).
- Subscription to Childlinks Barnardos Journal.
- Personal research assistance.
- 10% discount on all Barnardos’ publications and selected training events.
- Information Service - Drop-in, Call or Email – if you have a query.
Our Information Service
Barnardos Library and Information Service provide an information and advice service on issues relating to children and families. This service is open to members of the public, parents, students, professionals and Barnardos staff. Queries and information requests can be sent to email@example.com or call 01-4549699 and staff will respond with relevant information and resources.
Library Members' Privacy
The information Barnardos collects about you and how we use it is governed by Data Protection law. This means that we can only keep records that are relevant to our relationship with you. For more information please see the Privacy Notice for Library Members.
Visiting our Library
We invite you to visit our Library and Information Service in Dublin where members can borrow from the collection, use the members' study space or avail of an information session (individual or group) from one of our two library professionals.
Monday - Friday: 9:00am to 5pm
NOTE: If you would like to visit the Library between 5-6pm, please contact us in advance to arrange.
Tel: (01) 4549699
Fax: (01) 4530300
Returning Library Items
You can return items to the Library during the opening hours above or by post.
If you would like to return library items outside of opening hours, you can return them to Barnardos shop in Rathmines.
Rathmines Shop Opening Hours
- Monday - Saturday: 9am - 5pm
- Late Opening on Thursday: 9am - 7pm