I am doing my Leaving Cert in June and I am beginning to panic thinking about all I have to do in such a short time. I am very involved in football and there is pressure on us to win the League this year too. I don't want to let the team down. What can I do?
It sounds like you have a lot going on and those things are getting on top of you. You might need to take a step back and take a good look at what you are doing and how you are feeling. Here are some ideas:
- Write out your day-to-day routine and include a list of everything you have to do. Plan out your week. You could use a timetable or a diary.
- Put in the things that have to be done, like school, homework and study. Look at what remains, put into the timetable/diary only what is a priority.
- Plan some time to do whatever helps you to relax and be calm.
- Include time for exercise. It might help to reduce stress.
- Talk to your sports coach and team. Work out times for training that suit everyone.
- Get tips for studying. Are there friends you could form a study group with?
- Talk over your thoughts and feelings about the pressures you are experiencing with someone you trust.
- Avoid studying late at night, have plenty of sleep and start afresh in the morning.