Budget 2015: Our Analysis
- Budget 2015 Analysis from a Child and Family Perspective - PDF
- Our press release: Budget 2015 offers a chink of hope for families
- Irish Examiner column by our CEO Fergus Finlay: "Child benefit increase and other measures offer grounds for hope"
Barnardos' Pre-Budget Submissions
Budget 2015 is perhaps the most crucial budget in a generation. In it, we will set out a framework for a post-austerity Ireland. The decisions made will shape our economic recovery and reveal how we view this recovery.
We cannot begin to talk about recovery when one in 10 children live in consistent poverty. In our Children's Budget, Barnardos has outlined steps which must be taken to ensure the green shoots of recovery not only benefit the whole of Irish society, but are tailored to support those most affected during the years of austerity.
- Barnardos Children's Budget 2015 - our submission to Government
- Paper: "Universalism - the preferred and most effective option", by Brian Harvey
- Press release: Budget 2015 choices must benefit all of society
- SVP and Barnardos' messages to Government for Budget 2015 [images]
We asked people on Twitter to tell us their #1Wish4OurKids for this Budget - see their responses on this Storify.