Family Support Services
Barnardos Family Support Services work with vulnerable children and families and are based at the heart of their local communities. Family support encompasses a very wide range of specific services including:
- parenting programmes
- breakfast clubs to help children have a good start to the day....and to life
- after school groups
- programmes to support young people at risk of early school leaving
- support programmes for children affected by drugs and alcohol abuse
- support programmes for children affected by family violence
- programmes for children whose families are experiencing homelessness
- a range of services for children and families of minority groups including Travellers, refugee and asylum seekers.
Family support services are provided throughout Ireland in communities that face difficulties such as poverty, disadvantage, and lack of opportunity. Family support responds to the individual child and family by evaluating what their needs are and carefully tailoring a personal package of services to respond to those needs.