Homemaker Family Support Service
Barnardos Homemaker Family Support Service is a home based family support service that helps parents in a practical way with their parenting capacity and household routines.
The Homemaker Service is an initiative by Limerick City Children's Services Committee and Start Right.
How It Works
- A brief assessment is completed to ensure we are the appropriate service for the family.
- We provide short-term practical support with routines, budgeting, parenting and household management.
- We work with parents in their own home.
- We are a flexible service that works with families at key periods during the day. ie. mornings, evenings, bedtime.
How We Can Help
- Support parents/carers to perform a variety of household management tasks such as meal planning, grocery shopping, food preparation, housecleaning, dishwashing and laundry.
- Support the family to establish an orderly household routine which meets the educational, social and emotional needs of the children.
- Teach, demonstrate and encourage parents to manage their daily tasks and child care routines.
Who Is Eligible For The Service?
- Families with at least one child aged 0 - 8 years, who are finding daily life a little demanding at the moment.
- Families living in and around Limerick City.
How Can We Sign Up?
Referrals are accepted directly from parents, families and other sources with the consent of the family.
For More Information