Help & Advice from our Bridal Experts
The bride-to-be who visits Barnardos Bridal Rooms is treated to an individual consultation with one of our bridal experts who can offer help and advice. This bridal service is by appointment only to ensure that we can offer an exclusive bridal consultation service. You will have our undivided attention and free reign to try on whatever you choose.
To make an appointment at Barnardos Bridal Rooms please fill out the form below to request a call back.
We do our best to respond to queries within three working days.
Would you like Barnardos Bridal Rooms to contact you about an appointment?
Barnardos Bridal Rooms – Dun Laoghaire, Dublin – The shop is located on Main Street in Dun Laoghaire.
Two public transport options include the 46A bus route from the city centre or the Dart to Dun Laoghaire station.
Barnardos Bridal Rooms – 11a Selskar Street, Wexford
If you have any further queries please call 01-8612070
Wedding Dress Shopping Tips
Barnardos Bridal Rooms Manager Bernadette Harrington has the following tips for brides to be shopping for their perfect dress:.
- It’s best to bring one person with you for the first outing. Too many people means too many opinions and this can result in a more stressful experience. Sometimes it’s a good idea to visit a store first on your own to figure out what you want and then come back with your mother or your maid of honour to get another opinion.
- Weekdays are quietest, and a great time to book your appointment.
- For the appointment, brides should wear the style of underwear they would choose to wear for their wedding day. Pay special attention to ensuring smooth lines: maybe wear a body shaper or a Basque. If you have a strapless gown in mind a Basque is ideal or a good quality strapless bra. Consider the heel height you plan to wear on the day and bring shoes of a similar height when dress shopping. It is useful too if the bride can have her hair up or down depending on what she has in mind for the day. No fake tan please as it ruins the gowns!
- Do not buy a gown that is too small in the hope of slimming down! Also do not buy a gown that is too big and try to alter it, it won’t work.
- Remember when buying a bridal gown you invariably need to go up at least one size: this is because they are very fitted, not because you have ballooned overnight!