8 June 2020. Barnardos children’s charity today issued a ‘Phase 2: Roadmap for Children’ to support parents and carers in explaining the new changes to their children.
Key reminders and changes for children are:
- 2 metre rule: Children and grownups must remain 2 metres apart from people they don’t live with – so children should stretch out their arms – and stretch a little more!
- Visiting family & friends: families can now visit groups of 6 friends anywhere in their own county or up to 20km from your home – both inside and outside their homes
- The Government and Councils are working to reopen public playgrounds! Soon children can visit their local playground and park
- Libraries are re-opening! Families can go and borrow their favourite books
- Sports activities: groups of up to 15 can play their favourite outdoors sports
- Summer school and camps: outdoor summer camps will go ahead – look for those in your local area!