Guardian ad Litem Complaints

If you are a child or young person and wish to make a complaint about the Guardian ad Litem working with you, you can:

  • Tell your Guardian ad Litem and they will arrange for someone to support you in making the complaint. This support person will be someone not already involved in the situation.
  • Tell your social worker and they will contact the service
  • You can email us at [email protected] to request to speak to someone

A manager from Barnardos Guardian ad Litem service will arrange to meet with you and with your support person

If you are an adult who wishes to make a complaint about the Guardian ad Litem service, you can:

  • Give your written complaint to the Guardian ad Litem you have contact with
  • Email us at [email protected] to request a copy of the complaints procedure and complaint form
  • Write to us at the following address – Practice Manager, Guardian ad Litem service, Barnardos, 4 Christchurch Square, Dublin 8
Skip to content