Resources for young people who are concerned about domestic abuse
I want information on...
The UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (which Ireland signed up to in 1992) provides many rights to all children and young people. It declares:
- To be protected and live free violence, abuse or harm.
- To be brought up by your parents in a family, unless it is not in your interests.
- To express your views and to have them taken into account in matters affecting you.
- To have decision affecting you made in your best interest.
- To be treated with dignity and respect.
- To be free from discrimination.