Help with Projects
Information for projects, theses and assignments
Barnardos regularly receives requests from students and academics for information and interviews for school and college projects, assignments and theses.
While we love to help you, please understand that we are very busy. A lot of the information that is regularly requested from us is available on our website so we encourage you to check online before sending a query to us.
Searching Our Website
You can use the search box on the top right hand side of this page to check if we have information on our site that will help you answer your questions or research your topic. To get the best results from your search, please use the key words that are most specific to your query as they will deliver the most relevant results.
For example: if you are looking for information about ‘separated children in care’, then ‘separated’ is a good key word. Using ‘children’ as your key word will deliver a lot of results that may not be relevant to your query.
What We Do and History of Barnardos
We have information on our website about:
You can also read a brief history of our founder Thomas Barnardos and how the Barnardos family of charities came about. Barnardos is a wholly independent children’s charity in Ireland with sister charities in New Zealand, Australia and the UK.
Using Barnardos Annual Reports
Barnardos’ Annual Review is published every summer. This is a review of our work for the previous 12 month period from January to December. The content includes statistics about use of our services, provides an overview of our work across all departments and shows our accounts.
We also publish a Director’s Report which takes a more detailed look at our annual financial accounts. We have pdf copies of our Annual Review and Director’s Reports available on our website that date back a number of years.
Requesting an interview or specific information
We try our best to facilitate requests from students but our first priority is always our work with children and families. If you have a request, we have guidelines on the best way to let us know. We will do our best to help you but it is not always possible to facilitate requests.
It is best to send your request in writing. You can email [email protected]. In your email, please provide as much information as possible to guide our response. Make sure to include:
- Your name
- Your contact phone number
- The name of the college or school you are attending
- The subject you are studying and what stage you are at in your studies. For example: I am a 3rd year Journalism degree student.
- Your deadline. (We are very busy so please provide a minimum of two weeks)
- A list of questions you would like to have answered. (Please check that the answers are not available on our website)
- The names of other organisations or individuals you plan to contact for with this project, thesis or assignment.
- Where your final project, thesis, or assignment will be seen – will it be published?
- Please let us know how you would like to receive a response from us. For example, response by email, a phone interview which you need to record, a face-to-face interview etc…
We will always respond to let you know if it is possible to help or not. Thank you!