How to Book a Workshop
To book your workshop
Whether you want to book our online workshops or our face to face workshops, the process will be the same. Please fill in the form below. We’ll check availability with our trainer and be in touch to confirm your booking within 7 working days.
Content and Learning Objectives of Workshops
Barnardos online safety workshops take a positive approach to online safety, aiming to empower children to be STARs online by learning 4 simple rules. Focused on 3rd-6th class, each workshop is age appropriate, child-centred and discussion based. We encourage children to make good choices online, to think critically about information and to always be kind online. Throughout our 45 minute workshops, there is group work, scenario based questions and games to keep children engaged. All of our trainers are Garda vetted and are highly skilled at working with children.
Barnardos recruit a panel of trainers to deliver the Barnardos Online Safety Programme. These trainers are very experienced in working with children, young people, teachers and parents in schools and other group settings. Barnardos trainers are Garda Vetted and are monitored and supported in line with Barnardos training quality assurance framework. Trainers take part in regular CPD meetings and receive relevant up-to-date information to keep abreast of changes in legislation, best practice guidelines and new resources to respond effectively to parents and children’s needs in relation to the every evolving topic of online safety.
- Schools can receive 4 workshops about online safety at a total cost of €50 per day
- We have trainers located across the country to deliver our workshops (face to face) but we can also offer virtual workshops on Zoom
- Our main focus is primary schools (students in 3rd-6th class), parents and teachers
- Depending on the location of our trainers, we can deliver our workshops as Gaeilge
- To book a workshop, use our online enquiry form or email us and tell us 2 dates that would suit your school for a local trainer to come to your school, or for the trainer to deliver the session virtually.
This form is currently closed for submissions.