Watch: Listening to Adopted Children and their Families
Listening to Adopted Children and their Families: Barnardos Post Adoption Children’s Service – Outcomes of Research by Queens University.
This was recorded on October 15th click the link below to watch it back.
Barnardos has been providing specialist therapeutic services to adopted children and their families since 2009. Queens University Belfast has completed an independent evaluation of the service – commissioned by Tusla. The aim of the webinar is to present the outcomes of the research and to launch the Research report and summary. The report is available to download below.
- Ms Suzanne Connolly, CEO of Barnardos will open the event
- Ms Christine Hennessey, Project Leader Barnardos Post Adoption and Origins Services
- Dr Mandi Mc Donald, Lead researcher and Head of the School of Social Science, Education and Social work at Queens University Belfast.
- A teenager adopted from Russia as a baby and her mum from Cork. The family has availed of the services of our Cork Post Adoption Centre.
- Professor Sheila Greene, Trinity College Dublin. Professor Greene was lead researcher for the 2005 study into outcomes of intercountry adoption carried out by the Children’s Research Centre in TCD.
- Mr Bernard Gloster, Chief Executive of TUSLA Child and Family Agency.
- Ms Siobhan Mugan, National Manager for Adoption Services Tusla and Ms Christine Hennessey, Project Leader with Barnardos Post Adoption Service, will close the webinar.
Listening to Adopted Children and their Families: Watch back
Barnardos Post Adoption Children’s Service – Outcomes of Research by Queens University
Download the full report By Queens University
Contact Barnardos Post-Adoption Service
Barnardos Post Adoption Service, 23/24 Lower Buckingham Street, Dublin 1
(+353 1) 813 4100 [email protected]
Helpline: (01) 454 6388 (Open 10am – 1pm, Tuesdays and Thursdays)